Shenick servicEye - Why Monitor IPTV
The business case for monitoring IPTV video/audio content quality is centred on delivering profitable and highly scalable services. Today's network service providers continue to face the challenges of customer churn and loss in fixed line revenue. It has been well publicized that IPTV coupled with other multi-play services offers a chance to stem the flow of customers to competitive offerings. However, a lack of focus on quality IPTV services will in fact accelerate customer churn.
Key benefits in adopting a proactive approach to IPTV are:
- Market differentiation through focused deliver of quality IPTV
- Increasing customer satisfaction ratings
- Leading to an increase in overall subscribers
- Reducing customer churn
- As confidence grows, real value add pricing initiatives can be introduced
- Increasing Average Revenue Per User (ARPU)
- Increasing profitability
The ability to proactively isolate and resolve problems swiftly within the IP network is key to providing quality as a key service differentiator. IP Network and IPTV service failure prevention is certainly desirable. The ability to rapidly restore failed IPTV services reassures subscribers of the robustness of the overall IPTV service offering.
End-to-End IPTV Monitoring Solutions
servicEye is built on award winning and industry proven IPTV quality assessment technology that provides a completely integrated end to end performance monitoring solution from video head end, through core, aggregation/edge, access through to subscriber side. servicEye provides the combined benefits of both a real time passive monitor and active probe for each and every IPTV channel.
Probes are easy to configure via a web based GUI or through a scripting interface. Real time monitoring statistics can be easily enabled with support for SNMP (and proprietary) trap generation to higher end OSS components such as fault management systems.
servicEye provides the following key functions.
- Passive non intrusive video/audio analysis for thousands of IPTV channels in real time
- Active monitoring with full reference video and audio performance analysis
- Proactive network and application layer traffic injection to determine potential quality issues in advance
- Monitor critical IPTV head-end performance from ASI/SDI to IP encoding
- Perform QoS/QoE Tests for priority delivery of Video
- Examine performance at aggregation/replication points
- Monitor Performance at key servers
- Monitor Transport Stream Manipulation Devices
- Examine the Channel Change Zapâ™ Rate Limits of the network
- Monitor Subscriber Viewing Patterns and be better prepared for viewing anomalies
- Interact with Live-Network for Service Enhancement
For a more detailed functional and feature overview of servicEye click [here]