servicEye End to End IPTV Monitoring
Introduction to servicEye end-end IPTV Monitoring and Service Assurance
servicEye offers the combined benefits of both a real time, passive monitoring probe and a fully featured active probe. servicEye provides round the clock video and audio monitoring of each IPTV channel performance in a mixed SD, HD, PiP (picture in picture) environment. servicEye supports all video codecs and monitors both encrypted and unencrypted video streams. Shenick servicEye probes are available in a number of form factors offering a highly scalable platform with interfaces ranging from 10/100Mbps to 10Gbps and support for ASI/SDI at the video head-end.
servicEye is easy to configure via a web based element management GUI or through a scripting interface. A wide range of monitoring statistics and reporting tools from packet level analysis to video and audio subjective quality scoring can be instantly configured to specific needs. Shenick servicEye is easily integrated into higher end OSS/NMS systems such as fault management systems using SNMP (and proprietary) trap generation.
servicEye Summary of key features
servicEye offers the following key features and functionality
- Both Passive (TVQM) and Active (PEVQ) MOS Video Quality Metrics.
- Support for extensive range of video codec™ (VC-1 to MPEG4).
- Video and Audio Analysis with real-time viewing options of packet level and video quality statistics.
- Automatic Video Capture upon user-defined Threshold Violation Errors.
- Active traffic injection tests with a full suite of per-flow network service and application emulation and analysis covering layers 2-7. Service level emulation on a per flow basis covering VLAN, DHCP, PPPoE. Perform in line channel change rate testing for multicast IGMP/MLD.
- Cause and effect of other applications on IPTV performance with active emulation and analysis on a per flow basis including VoIP (SIP), HTTP, SMTP, FTP etc.
- Select and view actual TV channels in real time.
- Easily integrate with Operations System Software (OSS) components, with SNMP MIB support
- Reference OSS/ integration with leading fault, event correlation etc. components.
- Secure Probe access for internet based deployment, no dedicated DCN bandwidth required.
- Full range of supported interface from 10/100Mbps to 10Gbps
- ASI/SDI input for head end monitoring applications (pre encoder input) [More]
- Range of form factors from 1U entry level probe to high performance 10Gbps