Shenick Systems - How to Test Video on Demand
How to Test Video on Demand (VoD)
Datasheet: Testing VoD with diverifEye
Why test VoD with diversifEye?
diversifEye per-flow architecture has been certified by video-on-demand (VoD) Server Vendors as the only test product to provide a uniquely flexible platform to emulate and measure each individual VoD client behind residential gateways.
Some key steps in testing VoD with diversifEye are outlined here:
- As per the real world, diversifEye provides emulation and test with unique MAC & IP addresses on a per VoD client (critical to validate security in many environments).
- diversifEye enables RTSP based VoD sessions over DHCP/PPPoE/VLAN Tagging.
- diversifEye enables customers perform stateful, functional and scalability testing of both the control plane and media plane architecture of the VoD solution.
- diversifEye tests VoD performance measuring characteristics such as rewind, pause times and buffer control on an idividual and aggregate level.
- Assess unicast RTSP deployments versus multicast deployments, using diversifEye measure performance of true ‘on demand’ controls.
- Use diversifEye to quantify the quality of the video offering on preload and download, on each available movie.
- Utilize diversifEye to quantify the effect of mixed traffic environments on the quality of video flows right up to thousands of users at 10Gigabit Ethernet levels.