Shenick - Testing Virtualization & Cloud Computing Environments
Testing Virtualization & Cloud Computing Environments
|Video: Introducing diversifEye and Per flow testing,
Datasheet: Test Cloud & Virtual Infrastructure
Brochures: diversifEye, diversifEye 5500
Why use diversifEye in testing Virtual Networks and Cloud Infrastructure?
Virtualization is creating richer networking environments, as cloud computing grows in strength so too does the number of virtual machines such as virtual switches, virtual firewalls and virtual load balancers.
With more network infrastructure vendors porting their functionality over to VM, the richness and complexity of the virtual network and lcoud increases. As with the physical form the virtual network must contend with legacy quality issues concerning throughput, packet and application QoS/QoE integrity. Applications still require a high level of reliability, performance and a consistent level of Quality of Experience.
Testing the reliability, performance and Quality of Experience is a challenge as traditional methods of Ethernet plug and play macro test generation no longer apply. The accessibility of certain zones on the virtual platform hampers any means of connecting a physical test machine. In many instances testing must be conducted from one VM containing virtual end points to another VM hosting the system under test.
Shenick's diversifEye VM Virtual Machine Packet Processors (VM PP) can be deployed to meet the challenges of testing quality within a VM environment:
- diversifEye VM PP is a virtual test card which is deployed on the host platform. The diversifEye VM PP and associated Virtual Interfaces (VI) are used to emulate and measure performance of stateful traffic providing performance and reliability metrics of the various virtual network devices and VMs.
- Testing with 'Per flow' application layer traffic. An application layer test strategy provides valuable insight into application handling and quality on each and every emulated flow on the virtual network.
- Multi-Hypervisor Compatible - Shenick's VMs are currently the only test solution available that has been adapted to work on all leading Hypervisors.
Shenick provides emulation and performance measurements of stateful application traffic on the two key planes of a virtual platform:
- Virtual Machine to Virtual Machine (VM-2-VM) - Test performance, to determine quality and functional behavior and scalability.
- External to Virtual Machine (Ext-2-VM). Examine application performance on an end-to-end to basis. Compare internal performance versus external.
diversifEye VM System OverviewThe benefits of Shenick's VM PP solution:
- Provides the same test functionality as a physical diversifEye test blade and ports.
- Emulation of multiple unique traffic flows from a single host on the VM PP.
- Capability of multiple unique hosts per VM PP.
- Setup multiple VI's per VM.
- Per flow measurements on each and every emulated application and host.
- Latest protocols supported including SSL/TLS/IPSec.