P2P / Traffic Shaping Performance Testing
Traffic shapers should be able to detect, analyse and shape on a per-application flow basis? Shouldn't your test system also provide a highly granular per flow emulation and performance analysis capability?...
- An industry has grown up around mitigating the effect of P2P or eliminating it altogether. Less than 2% of users account for greater than 70% of traffic.
- Test traffic shaping, policing and management devices with high performance per application flow emulation.
- Determine cause and effect of P2P traffic both prior to and during deployment of P2P mitigation devices such as traffic shapers.
- Full captured traffic replay support to allow playback of non supported protocols.
- Know exacly what was generated and make sure your traffic shaper applies the appropriate action on per flow basis.
- Test performance bottle necks with over 2 million concurrent application sessions per diversifEye chassis.
- Test ability to handle high connections rates with multiple application protcols such as P2P (Gnutella, Bit Torrent, KaZaa, eDonkey etc.), HTTP, SMTP, Streaming etc.
- Rack and Stack diversifEye for additional scalability.
Key Benefits: P2P / Traffic Shaping
- Per application emulation control with QoS assignment and individual 'virtual user' profile for highly granular traffic shaping and traffic management system testing
- Concurrent generation of fully stateful mixed application flows including P2P (example Bit Torrent, KaZa, Skype, eDonkey etc.), HTTP SMTP/POP3, Streaming, Mulitcast (IGMP).
- Real time and long run end to end analysis on a per application flow basis. Immediately ascertain the ability of traffic shaper/management system to act upon individual application flow types such as throttling/mitigating P2P traffic
- High performance mixed application concurrent connections. Up to 500,000 concurrent open sessions per diversifEye chassis.
- Full Connection ramp, duration and rate control. Up to 60,000 connections per second per diversifEye chassis.
- Highly scalable with chassis rack n' stack capability - all controlled from one user interface!
- Automation of test case entries through JOB mode
- Ease of use with Java GUI support for multiple client type interfaces and extensive Scripting supported through TCL.Easily integrate into existing test automation environments.