Ethernet Service Testing
As Ethernet services become more popular such as voice, video and management traffic, networks can become oversubscribed. Traditional Ethernet technologies have performed satisfactorily, and in some cases, are still adequate. However, as the demand for new applications and bandwidth increases, we will have to add more capacity without impacting existing services.
To ensure we deliver these services we can implement the use VLAN, MPLS and IP-based class of service to keep service quality and revenues up. By constantly grooming and monitoring your network you can verify that they can handle the excess load.
The Testing Challenge - Quality of Service
To test for QoS, Layer 2 test need to be supplemented with end to end IP QoS testing that allows you to place real end user traffic by placing voice, data and video simultaneously to ensure quality while maximizing
Shenick diversifeye Highlight
- Generate both wire speed layer 2/3 packet blast traffic or layer 4-7 application traffic over layer 2 services such as VLAN in one test system
- Determine 'Carrier Grade QoS' performance differences arising from testing 'throughput' involving traditional packet blast methods versus 'goodput' where full IP application flows are emulated over Ethernet services
- Resolve issues arising from poor bandwidth performance associated with Server or Network issues. Since diversifEye offers an emulated client and server test environment, testing can focus on Ethernet network services issues
- Integrated layer 2/3 and 4-7 testing
- Traditional wire speed throughput and RFC2544 coupled with application layer testing for real world 'carrier grade' QoS testing
- QoS Boundary Limit testing for 802.1p,q,qq
- Per layer 2 VLAN/Ethernet service emulation
- Support for configuration and emulation of individual VLANs, Stackable VLANs Full Ethernet-VLAN interworking
- Compare TCP 'goodput' to layer 2 packet blast throughput testing
- Configure complete IP subsystems comprising mixed application flows
- Client and Server in a single chassis
- Application throughput test, near line rate stateful application emulation
- Quickly establish high flow count test scenario, intuitive Java based GUI and TCL scripting
- Extensive real time and post analysis reporting options
- Automation and remote control of network under test
- Use GUI JOB mode or Script automation functions. Control DUT via EMS/CLI.
- Chassis options offering both portability and rack n' stac
- diversifEye 8400 multi-slot 4U chassis for increased port/packet processing density or 4200 portable 2U. Expandable to support daisy chained solutions