AppResponse Xpert - Monitoring Financial Information Exchange (FIX) Protocol
Financial Information eXchange (FIX) Protocol Monitoring with AppResponse Xpert
The Financial Information eXchange ("FIX") protocol is a series of messaging specifications for the electronic communication of trade-related messages. Virtually every major stock exchange and investment bank uses FIX for electronic trading, as do the world's largest mutual funds and money managers and thousands of smaller investment firms. Given the critical nature of messaging and the FIX protocol in executing financial transactions, trading organizations need a way to effectively monitor and troubleshoot application performance in real-time and identify the source of the problem before it adversely affects the business.
AppResponse Xpert extends its real-time monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities to support the FIX protocol. The AppResponse Xpert FIX Protocol Monitoring Module correlates round-trip time of trades and throughput of applications in a single dashboard to easily isolate performance problems and identify the root-cause. The AppResponse Xpert FIX Protocol Monitoring module includes all of the benefits of the AppResponse Xpert hardware appliance with the additional functionality to monitor and analyze the FIX protocol.
- Software module that runs on the AppResponse Xpert hardware appliance
- Network-based, passive monitoring solution that creates no additional load on servers
- Monitors and automatically alerts on financial trades that do not execute in a specified timeframe
- Reports and identifies trades by order, company, symbol, RTT, execution time, IP, business group or any combination thereof
- Displays a trade ladder to automatically identify the time period to accept, execute, and complete the trade
- Integrates with AppTransaction Xpert to identify dropped/retransmitted packets of problematic trades for detailed root-cause analysis
- Retains aggregated data for historical analysis
- Realize the competitive advantages of your technology infrastructure with proactive monitoring and alerting of FIX trades
- Troubleshoot and resolve FIX performance issues in real-time before they affect the business
- Utilize a single solution for both market operations and IT to track the number and performance of trades and orders