Ask About Us
AppResponse Xpert is an appliance-based solution that monitors and analyzes end-user experience for all levels of transactions. It also supports in-depth monitoring and analysis of the underlying network, a domain that is vital to comprehensive APM. AppResponse Xpert leverages the central role of the network in transporting transaction data to obtain vital information about relationships among clients and servers, and also among server tiers. This information is useful for performance analysis and troubleshooting, in AppResponse Xpert and also application discovery and dependency mapping functions performed by AppMapper Xpert. On-board analytics extract transactions from application flows and break down application response time, identifying which parts of the infrastructure are contributing most to delays. AppResponse Xpert automatically summarizes data according to applications and user-defined business entities such as locations or departments.
- Troubleshoot application performance problems faster.
- Detect application performance problems early, with no overhead on your application environment.
- Ensure the performance of web-based business transactions.
- Eliminate “finger-pointing” among IT teams concerning the source of application performance problems.
- Understand and address usage and performance trends for your applications and networks.
- Detect unauthorized or anomalous usage of network and server resources.
Use AppResponse Xpert to:
- Measure application performance for internal and external users of your enterprise applications.
- Monitor live performance for all users all the time, and alert against SLAs.
- Break down application response time into contributing sources and launch troubleshooting of root causes.
- Analyze traffic and response time among servers to manage multi-tier applications.
- Visualize communication within the data center and across the WAN.
- Measure traffic by application, user, business division, and location.
- Analyze historical information for trending and capacity planning.
- Measure performance of VoIP calls while they are in progress.
- Detect unexpected communication between application components.
- Baseline performance before making a change, and quantify the impact.
- Agentless deployment for low overhead.
- 24x7 monitoring of all users and applications.
- Automatic application discovery and classification.
- Web page-level performance analysis.
- Automatic URL classification for SSL decryption.
- Centralized appliance management, including data aggregation and consolidation.
- Executive-level business reporting and web-based dashboards.
- High-volume packet capture and large capacity, long-term storage for forensic analysis of any transaction.
- NetFlow data collection, to obtain visibility of communications between remote locations, and provide joint analysis of traffic flows and application response time data.
- Broad family of appliances to support a range of throughput and storage requirements.
- Software appliances restore visibility of traffic between virtual machines within a server.
- Specialized support for networks with WAN acceleration, including Riverbed and Cisco WAAS devices, for accurate, end-to-end visibility.
- Customizable dashboards and workflows to suit your organization.
Compare AppResponse Xpert to other solutions
- A single AppResponse Xpert appliance supports a variety of use cases, including deep packet inspection and application recognition; end-user experience monitoring at the user transaction level (e.g., web page level); high-volume packet capture and storage; flow-level analytics; NetFlow collection and reporting; and call VoIP monitoring. Other solutions typically require multiple appliances and servers and cover fewer use cases.
- Web transaction response time is measured at the page level -- the same way users experience it. Many vendors offer only HTTP request/response performance measurement.
- Each appliance operates independently, and can serve its own data, avoiding dependency on a centralized platform for analysis and reporting that represents a single point-of-failure.
- Flexible deployment options include both hardware and virtual appliances.
- One-minute resolution for aggregated performance statistics is more fine-grained than the typical 5- and 15-minute collection intervals.
- Web application performance is reported for every individual transaction.
- Dashboards and reports are easily customized to provide application-specific, intuitive screens and workflows adapted to the needs of your staff.
- Simple, fast deployment delivers rapid ROI and low TCO.
- From dashboard view, seamlessly drill into AppTransaction Xpert for in-depth analysis of individual multi-tier transactions.
- Drill-down into AppInternals Xpert for conclusive root cause diagnosis when AppResponse Xpert indicates that the server is the source of excessive end-to-end response time.
- Leverage AppSensor Xpert to display network performance data along the entire layer2/3 network path for a transaction, and inspect server performance.
- Export traffic flow data into OPNET’s network performance management solutions, for network operations and planning.
- Incorporate SQL transaction performance data from AppSQL Xpert into AppResponse Xpert, for a single, unified view.
- AppResponse Xpert provides detailed information about application components and relationships to AppMapper Xpert, which automatically creates a run-time application dependency map.
- CX-Tracer for Citrix application performance troubleshooting.
- AppResponse Xpert Module for Database Performance
- On-board NetFlow collection.
- On-board VoIP monitoring.
- Expansion chassis to extend long term retention of forensic data.
Ask Us About...
- How our data mining approach allows extremely rapid retrieval of specific information from a vast performance management database.
- How our breakthrough storage architecture enables long-term retention of unprecedented volumes of data for forensic analysis of performance problems.
- How our appliances leverage their expansive data set to report performance of both object level and business level transactions.
- How our appliances are based on mature, proven technology with a 10-year track record of success in the field.