Candela LANforge Fire/Ice release 126.96.36.199
March 15, 2012 - Candela Release 5.2.3 includes support for dual WiFi radios, dynamic reporting improvements, DHCPv6 and some other improvements to File-IO and WiFi. tables in the GUI now support saving their configuration through restarts of the GUI, as well as removing columns from view. Bug-fixes include better out-of-order packet calculation, some kernel-mode WanLink fixes. Below are the new feature included in this release. If you would like to upgrade please contact us.
Candela LANForge 188.8.131.52 New Features & Improvements:
- Dynamic Reporting improvements: Allow reporting over arbitrary time slices instead of just the last 10 minutes, loading of CSV report files, and many other improvements.
- WiFi: Support WPA2 in virtual access points.
- WiFi: Support SSIDs up to 32 bytes in length (old max was 15).
- WiFi: Support multiple WiFi NICs in the same system.
- Don't let users configure invalid MAC addresses (bit 0x01 set in first octet, or all-zero MAC address). Allow users to configure interfaces to be admin-down. This will cause them to generally be un-used by the OS. For WiFi Station interfaces, they will be un-associated, for instance.
- GUI: Allow saving column sizes and positions so that they will be reloaded in that configuration next time the GUI starts.
- CTRL-S saves, CTRL-M allows adding/deleting columns, and CTRL-O returns the table to the factory defaults.
- More obviously, right-click menu-items allow the save, reset, and column manipulation.
- File-IO: Improve batch-modify functionality: Can change endpoint-type and read/write settings.
- Support serving DHCPv6 in virtual routers and using DHCPv6 on interfaces to acquire the global IPv6 address.