Telnet Networks - Managing Network Performance
|Telnet Networks provides solutions and services which allow you to successfully assess and predict the performance of new applications on your converged network. We can help you achieve network reliability through proactive monitoring, security management, traffic analysis, and health monitoring of the network infrastructure.|
Unified Communications comprises of many such elements such as Telephony, E-Mail, Chat, Voice Mail, Fax and Web Services. As today enterprises make long term plans to adopt Unified Communications, they are deploying Voice over IP (VoIP) to anchor their strategies. Maintaining a consistent Quality of Experience (QoE) is critical to realizing the benefits of this unified approach.
If you are going to achieve greater business productivity and reduce IT expense then a cohesive management system needs to manage both data applications and Voice Services (IP Telephony). You need visibility into your Unified Communication deployment regardless of its complexity or your choice of technology vendors
- VoIP Pre-Assessments – understanding if your existing network can carry an application like Voice
- VoIP Troubleshooting – identifying what area’s within the network may be causing Voice Quality problems
- VoIP Monitoring – Real time monitoring of call quality, integrated within a Cisco, Avaya, Nortel or SIP based environment.
Network Performance Management
Your Business relies on your network infrastructure to deliver network applications to your end user. Network Management software is not enough, with today’s complex networks, you need a Performance First™ approach to network performance management and application delivery.
Network performance management consists of the ability to measure, model, plan, and optimize your network to ensure that they carry each applications with the speed, reliability, and capacity that is appropriate for the nature of the application, within the cost constraints of the operation.
- Application Analysis – Real time monitoring of applications and the supporting infrastructure.
- Network Access Solutions – deploying network analysis tools to capture and analyze network statistics and application performance
Network Verification Performance Testing
Introducing new applications (VoIP, Database) or adding new infrastructure technologies (WAN acceleration optimization), into a IP Network brings new risk such as
Network Performance testing is often either omitted or is performed as an afterthought with no plan. When a new service is deployed IT departments are often unprepared for the performance problems that they encounter, and then are left scrambling to scale to meet the increased demand.
Performance testing reduces the risk by allowing you to run realistic and "worst-case" testing in a controlled way. Traffic Generation and Network Simulation are two tools that help reduce the cost of new product development and the risk of deploying new technologies and networked applications.
- Performance Testing – using traffic generation and wan simulation tools to determine the impact of adding applications to your network.